NCC is useful for the personality development and for the discipline in the students. NCC is spread in almost all the educational institutions which pave a golden path for the students and their career. National Cadet Core (NCC) started in July16, 1948 to develop the inter related skills and talents in the students and train them as the best citizens in the country. There are two wings called the senior division for boys and senior wing for girls to join in NCC in colleges. NCC training is in five stages.
1. Sportive training
2. Social training
3. Career counseling
4. Youth Exchange Program YEP
5. Samsthagatha Training.
Camp training is one of the part in NCC training and these camps are useful to put into practice the things that are learnt in the training programs. The students experience the anxiety and thrilling when they travel alone in the vacant places during the time of training. This NCC is useful in the days like Republic day, State Union day and camps like leadership improves the skill and talent in the students. There is also a great chance to travel abroad through YEP and know about great people.
The cadets had to qualify in the tests conducted by NCC and gain A, B, or C certificates. These certificates are useful for the students for their career in future. Many corporate companies and governments are offering many opportunities for the NCC candidates. These are divided into 4 types.
1. Concessions in education
2. Concessions in employment
3. Cash awards/prizes/medals and trophies
There are special vacancies reserved in Navy, air force for the NCC cadets and there is relaxation of UPSC written examinations and bonus marks in placements.NCC cadets are given special preference in the placements in government jobs.
In education sector, there are many offers for the NCC cadets. They are as follows
* Seats are reserved for the NCC cadets in the recognized medical, engineering colleges. Special merit list is given based on their merit in NCC. 1% reservation in engineering colleges and 0.25% in medical colleges is given for the NCC cadets. Let us see the reservation given in other courses for NCC cadets.
* 1% for MBA/MCA courses with nearly 300-400 seats of vacancies.
* 1% for LLM/LLB courses with 15-20 seats.
* 1% for all the PG courses with 200 seats.
* 1% for DIETCET/EDCET with 30-40 seats vacancies.
By participating in the programs conducted by NCC the prizes, medals and trophies are issued from the hands of governors, Prime ministers and many other famous personalities. Scholarships are been given for the students who participate in various activities. For further details log in to the official website www. nccindia.nic.in