USA student Visa Interview
Many student fail in USA student visa interview as they are unable to answer the questions of visa officials. To avoid this, few precautions are to be taken before attending the visa interview. The visa officials expect the students to return to their own country after finishing studies according to his financial, social and family conditions. The interview will be completed within one to three minutes.
- Students should wear decent dress and look pleasing.
- Students should talk confidently looking into the eyes of the visa officer. At the same time he should show respect towards the visa officer.
- Answer the questions honestly and clearly.
- Students should be able to explain how the course which he is going to study will help him for his career in his own country.
- Answers should be short and straight.
Various questions are asked in the USA student visa interview. Few sample questions are
- Why do you want to study in USA?
- Why do you wish to study in the US and not in India?
- How many universities did you apply for?
- Which universities did you apply for?
- Which universities accepted you?
- Why did you choose a specific university?
- Can you tell me some details about your university?
- Where did you do your bachelor’s degree from?
- What is your undergraduate GPA percentage?
- Do you have any backlogs?
- Why you have so many backlogs?
- What is your specialization?
- Could you please show me your GRE/TOEFL score card?
- Did you receive any scholarship?
- Why do you think the university is giving a scholarship to you?
- Why haven’t you received any scholarships?
- What will you do after completing the course?
- What are the plans after graduation?
- What will you do if your visa is rejected?
- Will you come back home during summers?
- How will your study in the US be helpful to you in your home country after comeback?
- Why did you change the field of specializations?
- What steps have you taken to ensure that you will b able to perform well in the new field you wish to change to?
- Who is sponsoring you?
- What does your father do?
- What is your father’s annual income? Does he pay income tax?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- Are your parents retired? If yes, how will they pay for your education expenses?
- If you have brothers and sisters, how will your brother finance you?
- Have you received any loans?
- Why you have not taken a loan?
- Do you have any brother/sister or other relative studying at this university?
- Do you have any relatives in USA?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Have you ever been to US?
Tips for USA student visa interview
Students should take certain precautions while attending the USA student visa interview.
- It is important for the students to assure the visa officer that they will come back to their own country after completing the course. For this they have to explain about the job opportunities in India. They should make it clear that he is going to America just for reading and not for settling down.
- Work permit rights are not given to students while studying in USA. Permission will not be given for part time jobs.
- Students should give the answers honestly. There is no need to hide the fact that there are relatives staying in America.
- For many students attending these interviews will be for the first time. Tension is natural. But they should mange to answer the questions with self confidence.
- Students should be able to explain why he is opting USA for studies though there are many opportunities in other countries also.
- Students who are appearing for USA visa interview should know about the funds availability, sponsors, course curriculum etc.
Student should make it clear to the visa officer that his main objective is to study in USA and not to work in USA after completion of the course.